Saturday, September 25, 2010

How do you get that way?

I just don't understand!

    While walking through the great land o' Walmart after class I had the misfortune of running into what could possibly be one of Idaho's more ignorant people. Normally I would be nice, but I really wish I'd gotten into a fight with this jerk, so being nice is out the window. He was big, disgustingly fat, ugly, sloppy and smelly. Take that you ignoramus!
    He was also yelling obscene words at this poor terrified 8 or 9 year old girl as she was trying to walk out of the store with her mother; I'm not sure if he was her father, or just a random freak.  Either way he needs to be sent to China for a caning.  And if that child had been mine, someone would have been arrested that night.
    This whole scene was so abnormal that at first I didn't fully grasp what had just happened; that and I had a head cold and felt awful. Then as this horrible person started wobbling off it hit me what had just happened. I watched as this poor little traumatised girl walked out of the store with this look of "What did I do" on her face.   She looked so beat down and almost desperate with confusion and sadness.  It broke my heart.
     So my question is, how does someone reach this point of ignorance and stupidity? Any ideas? Can someone simply be so self absorbed that they can't see how they are treating other people?  Does he ever stop to meditate and think about his behavior and if he would mind being treated the same way he finds acceptable to treat others?  I'm still kicking myself that I didn't stand up for that little girl, it just happened so fast that I didn't have time to react. Plus my husband would ban me from shopping for life if I had gotten hurt.

     Personally I'm wondering if getting attacked would have been worth showing that little girl what a real adult acts like and that we all don't allow poor defenceless girls to be treated like that.
     Plus, beyond bullying a defenceless child, does he not understand how uneducated and stupid he sounds using that kind of language? I HATE foul language with a passion. I relate swearing to trailer trash, couldn't even pass a 3rd grade class kind of people. Ooooh, I need to stop thinking about that looser, my blood is boiling just thinking about it!

4 comments:

**nicke... said...

that makes me so sad and mad too. it is so hard to know what to do. i think it is hard also when you are alone. you are a mom and have to protect yourself for your kids. as to your question... i am not sure how people reach that point but if i would have been with you we could have taken them on together!

**nicke... said...

also, it was really fun to see you at the fair!

Lysh said...

Haha did you read my post on FB about the shopping cart incident?? That was a fun day! Except I wasn't ass nice ass you! Have you ever seen the movie "Me, Myself, and Irene"? The scene where Jim Carrey snaps in the grocery store? Yeah that was me that day! It was like something took over me! I am so sick of being treated the way I get treated up here. I have never met so many rude people before in my life. If you do something nice for someone they automatically want to know what you want from them. It has become a sad, sad world.

Dixie said...

You will love this:
http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/you-just-broke-your-child.html

READ IT