I'll admit it, I really don't see what all the fuss was about, but I am intensely jealous of the Cullin family. They never have to sleep, being vampires and all, and have all those hours that would otherwise be wasted sleeping, to pursue other passions, like sucking the blood out of people or animals or whatever.
I would do a whole lot to be able to do that, maybe selling my soul is going a bit far, but to be able to use the night time to play, learn, clean like a mad woman, read, do anything and everything I would like to do that I really don't have time for being a mortal and all would be like getting a million dollars. Sooo jealous of the Cullens!
When I read these books that's the number one thought I always had, you know, wow, how nice would that be?
Why did I blog this? Because I'm always scrambling to get the things done I need to do at the end of the day so that I can get into bed on time at night.
Tonight I decided to give into my desire to shamelessly blog hop and had a lot of fun reading through several women's blogs and just laughed. I ate way too much Easter candy and started Mr. Magorium's Magical thingy whatever for Lauren twice. What a horrible mother. Great movie though. I highly suggest it.
Today we had a great Easter. Went to church, had our meal with Brett's parents. Mom made the most fun Easter table setting for us. We each even had little cute baggies of candy on our plates. Very fun.
I also found out something about Ethan from his teachers this week and last week. Apparently he impresses them. Can you tell I'm proud? I am, and I'm going to again shamelessly brag about it. They kind of went on and on about how he is the only kid that answers questions. He will quote scriptures to them and give in depth answers to their questions. I had no idea! I mean, what scriptures is my 4 almost 5 year old giving in class??? I guess he must listen more than I realize because I was caught totally off guard. He can be quite brilliant, and on the other hand I want to ring his neck half the time, too. Like today at Easter dinner when he used the A word while telling a joke he was making up. He knows we NEVER use this word, but unfortunately until we get our clearplay hooked up at our new house, pretty much every movie has some naughty word or other in it, and as we've already established his ability to remember everything, he happily repeats them until I threat castration if he does it again. I'm getting really frustrated with this whole learning what words we don't say thing. However, I guess he has to learn at some point what not to say, so I just hope we can be done with it soon.
Lauren said something cute today. No, I'm not talking about when she said, "Dab it!" Yea, I have another movie repeater. She was sharing her egg stash with Ethan and got so excited and impressed with herself that she said, "Mommy! I've got super sharing Power now!!!" If you don't know my daughter, imagine this in the girliest and most exuberant possible voice ever. Brett and I were laughing for quite a while.
3 comments:
So will you ask Lauren how she came about that super sharing power...I want to get some for Carter. Thanks!
P.S. Like always...she is super cute!
Just found your blog and truly had to laugh. Almost every child will embarass a parent to near death at least once :) while turning around saying something absolutely brilliant.
While visiting her brother's parochial school, my "darling" daughter at the ripe age of 3 yelled out G-D-M-F- in the hallway! I truly prayed for the floor to open and swallow both of us. It didn't. It did raise a couple of eyebrows. After child was duly punished, most of the teachers and moms started talking about what their children had done to them. What an ice breaker!
(Believe me, that was NOT something that was said in our house, in any movies she had watched, or in any houses that she visited. We later found out that the undarling neighbor boy I was babysitting taught her that.)
I thought the exact same thing about the Cullens..."I could get so much done without sleep!" I've also day dreamt that if I could have a superpower it'd be the ability to not need sleep! But I guess until then, messy house and messy Julie is a must.
Post a Comment