He's so excited that he gets his own desk this year. His teacher changed and he's now going to have a guy named Mr. Shaffer. He seems like a fun guy, but I'll see how Ethan likes him later on today.
He wants to eat breakfast at the school before class, which is more than fine with me! I don't have to wake up as early or worry about him getting enough to eat. Of course at the school they serve things like Coco Puffs, but I had a talk with Ethan on what he needs to choose and their online food program shows me exactly what he's choosing each day so I can monitor his eating. Pretty cool.
I hate how blogger always uploads the pictures backwards from what I put them in as.
Here he is right before we left to walk to school. I went into his room late last night to find his school clothes all laid out nice and neat on his hockey table, ready to go. He makes me laugh.
Brett gave him a fathers blessing last night and I think Ethan thought that was so cool!
It's harder for me to send him to school this year than last year. Kindergarten was easy, he went for less than 3 hours a day. This year he's there all day and that just seems so long to me. The girls and I are going to get estrogen overload until this little boy decides he's fully baked.
I'm the mean mom who hates character backpacks and shirts and school supplies. I did give in and let him choose race car and Optimus folders, but that's as far as I could stand it. His backpack is a nice looking black, red and silver combo that I told him was just like Optimus Prime. He loves it, but I did notice him enviously eyeing this other little boys light up Optimus pack at breakfast. Poor little guy. He accepted it when I told him Optimus might not be as cool to him next year, and the pack we chose would work great next year because it's not clicky. He was fine with that.Good luck little man! I love you!
PS I just remembered something else to write down so I don't forget. This morning I woke up right on time to hear Ethan already up downstairs and in the shower. He took the shortest shower of his life! Like 2 minutes tops. I went into his room and found him toweling off and I asked him why the shower was so short. He said he just didn't want to be late. I waked away laughing to myself. It's so easy to tell when he's excited about something.
2 comments:
Oooh Ethan such a ladies man.. :)
I too am the mean no character mom.. Jackson gets pretty upset when I make him pick out the more practical shoes. He starts preschool next week. A year early I know. But I just felt like he needed something. Its only two hours on tuesdays and thursdays. So just enough to let him make some friends and learn a little bit.. We r excited..
oh I love this post! What an exciting time for him! I hope he has a great year! And also what a blessing having Brett give him a Father's blessing! note: I also hate how blogger uploads pics!
Post a Comment