Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lily scared the poo out of me today!

I love this little girl so much!

This is right after the incident. We all cuddled on the couch for a while to make us all feel better.
Okay, now for the story. Non of us saw what she had, but we saw her fall back and then she started choking and gagging. I was so scared, I didn't know what to do. We live less than a mile from the hospital and I was running out of the house with Lily and yelling for Ethan and Lauren to get in the van. I couldn't see anything in her throat, and I couldn't get anything to come up, and I was terrified. So I had my phone and was about to call 911 when she gave this huge gag and threw up all over me and the cement outside of the car. Up came this long piece of jewelry. She hadn't been turning blue or anything and she was still able to take a few breaths, but she was in serious distress and gagging on the thing in her throat.

I had been telling Lauren all morning to make sure ALL of her jewelry was picked up and put high on her bookshelf. I don't know where this piece had been hiding since we had the house cleaned up completely, but I'm pretty sure Lauren is going to be more careful next time. She cried and cried about it and was so sorry about it. We came back in the house and Ethan went into the kitchen to get her a bottle of milk, and Lauren went and got all her stuffed animals and a blanket for us to cuddle in. Scary. That's all I have to say.

Brett got home and picked her up and just loved on her for a bit. Scared him too.

Oh, this was so cute of her though. After she had thrown up we went back into the house. I carried her to the bathroom and she hugged my neck the whole time kind of whimpering. I sat her down on the counter and was getting a cloth to clean her up with and she kept pointing at my shirt with this sad/crying voice saying,"Eeww! Yucky." It sounded like she was saying sorry to me. She wasn't saying it like it was grossing her out, but like she was sorry she had done that. I personally couldn't have cared any less what was on me. I just wanted to hug her.

4 comments:

Jana Dille said...

so glad everything turned out like it did! Scary. Brady had a seizure one time that caused him to stop breathing and he turned really blue in the face and I had to had to call 911. The ambulance came and everything and it was the scariest thing ever! They are so precious!!

Kristin said...

That is so SCARY! I am so glad that she was fine. That is the scariest thing! You are a fast thinker to be on your way to the hospital in a matter of seconds!

The Cook Clan said...

Wow, that is VERY scary!!!! Just a reminder to us all to be more careful with what we leave down. Glad she is okay and doing well.

**nicke... said...

Lily! you need to take it easy on your momma! i am so glad that she is ok!!!