Brett's pretty much awesome though and can do anything, so I don't know why I'm worried.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Planting from seeds, a first attempt
Thursday nights have been dedicated to a three hour gardening class through the University of Idaho with Brett's parents. This is our very first time of trying to get a head start by starting our seeds inside. Let's all pray we don't screw it up entirely.
Brett's pretty much awesome though and can do anything, so I don't know why I'm worried.
We are starting the season off first with the earliest vegetables, peppers and flowers we can plant. These ones need to be started 6-8 weeks before the last frost, which is where we are.

Don't worry about Lily, she thinks it's fashionable to run around in her diaper lately. I have to go through negotiations every day before getting clothes on her. I'd pretty much given up the fight by this time of the night.
Here is our own mini indoor greenhouse.
And this pot is where my cilantro will be decorating my kitchen from now on. I can't wait to make some pico using my own home-made ingredients.
And here is my sweet little family. We also got to plant the last of Ethan's carnivorous plants in his terrarium. They have had to be in the fridge since Christmas before we could plant them. But the seeds we could plant right away are sprouting up. I can't believe how long it takes for rain forest plants to grow; no wonder they are dying out.
Brett's pretty much awesome though and can do anything, so I don't know why I'm worried.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so jealous, I want to learn to plant my own stuff so bad! That will be so nice to have all that from your own garden, love it!
wow, impressive! Some day I will plant something in my yard. Maybe I should start with a tree though. haha
Post a Comment