Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley


As this is kind of my online journal, since I never write in my hard copy, I thought I would write something about President Hinckley's passing. Last night Dad called and said he'd heard from Uncle Tom that the prophet had died. I always thought that I would be incredibly sad when I'd heard he had passed away, but I have found that I'm nothing but happy. He got the ideal ending, a happy ending. I've felt so much compassion for him since his wife passed away and I feel the same way he felt, that when Brett dies, I want to go with him. Or at least soon after. He was an incredible man and contributed so much to the world. He's done his job well and now he gets to collect his reward. Of course I'm sure that what ever he's doing, he is busy. And he gets to be with his wife again. I'm sad for the world because it's lost one of it's best members, but for President Hinckley I am nothing but happy.
I can't wait for the day that Brett and I get to the other side and realize we've done all we can and now we get to be together forever, hopefully with our whole family. At least that's my ultimate goal.

(side note) Oh, I just realized President Hinckley died on Lauren's Birthday. Hmm. That will be an easy one to remember.

1 comment:

Tim and Laura Allen said...

Lilly or Lily is such a cute name. We were originally planning on naming her Tessa but it just didnt fit her. I love being a mom, it is such an incredible blessing! hope everything is well in Boise