Monday, August 1, 2011

Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time, back before the dreaded Summer semester started, I took my son out on a very special mommy/son trip.
You see, Brett and I have decided that as our children turn 8 and 12, they need to go on a special trip, just them and one of their parents; and we thought it would be nice if I took the boys on their 8th birthdays, and then the girls on their 12th birthdays, and visa versa with Brett.
When they are 8, we want to take them on more of a church kind of trip. I decided to take Ethan to the Hogle Zoo, Lagoon, and The Temple Square area. We hit up the church museum, the conference center, and the Lion House kitchens. When thery turn 12, it's all about fun, so we're taking them to Disneyland, but it's a big surprise, so{{shhhh}}don't tell.

We had a blast getting lost on the train and bus system on our way to the Hogle Zoo...
Ethan and I then got a special private tour of the conference center where he was taken to President Hinkley's seat where he would always sit to review programs. He thought that was awesome that he got to sit where a prophet had sat.
He LOVED the whole tour, and the roof with all the trees and water falls was a huge hit with him as well.

We were pretty bummed because our Lagoon day didn't turn out due to a torrential rain storm, but we ended going back a few days later, and we brought the whole family with us. We also didn't get to see Grandma Ross and do a genealogy project as planned because she had a fall and busted herself up pretty badly. The next weekend when we went back we got to see her in the hospital, which was pretty hard for me. I pretty much adore Grandma Ross, so to see her like that made me pretty emotional.

Which reminds me, Happy Birthday Grandma Ross!!! Bet you thought I didn't remember, huh? August 1st, I've got that one memorized.

Now I'm off to try and find the pictures I took with my phone. They were the most fun so the next post I make will have them in it.

No comments: