Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Great Day.

Being confined to home for Memorial Day wasn't exactly what we had planned, but we made the most of it.


We had a little help from Knock-off Wood. I think I have a new favorite blog!
So we scraped together $30 and took a trip to home depot.
Then Brett got to work and I pulled 6 huge bags full of weeds from our back yard; in the rain, because mud is fun. Just ask my kids.
Of course, the table had to run it's maiden voyage. Ethan thought he'd give her a go.
And Tuke had to jump in and spoil my picture.
Why are they in jammies? Because we had to go in and shower after playing in mud and rain puddles. And jammies feel awfully nice after that sort of thing. Or just a diaper if you're name is Lily Monster.

Sanding...
Staining...
More staining...
And Tyler! Because he's my little angel.
After I finish putting on the last coat of poly I'll post pictures of the finished product! Any idea how much our perfect sized kids table cost us??? Anyone?

$35

6 comments:

Jake & Lisa Danes said...

We made the boys their bunk beds from that wonderful site!!! So fun. The "Bigger" kiddie table is also on our list to make. That and some bookshelves and the queen sized farm house bed! And whatever else I can talk Jake into!!! The table looks great!

*LaUrA* said...

I follow Knock of Wood too...it was crazy I started following her when she had like no followers...now she is famous!

That table is sooo cute! Good job Brett! Projects like that are fun!

Jana Dille said...

nice job Brett!! I love that blog too:)

Erin said...

So cool! I love that idea. I hope to have a backyard for one of those someday soon! I can't believe how much your kids have grown! I keep thinking of Tyler of how he was when I saw you last. My sister is getting married in September so I'll be coming home. Should we make a playdate?

Cindy / Aka Chymecindy said...

Wow! thats awesome...

Alli said...

So awesome.. Love it. The trip looked fun.