Monday, September 28, 2009

Blessing of the harvest

We canned salsa at Brett's parent's place almost entirely out of things grown from their garden. One-hundred and twenty quarts of it to be exact. It was a big garden. Brett and I can hardly take credit for any of it, but we are being blessed by it for sure. I'm loving my supply of salsa.


It was an ALL day project and these were the last of the jars before I had to go home and go to bed. We named the three salsas Anniversary '09(as it was Mom and Dad's anniversary that day), Salsalita, and Oh Crikey!

If the old wives tale about spicy food bringing on labor has any substance to it at all, after my burrito being drenched in it for lunch, "Oh, Crikey!" I should be going into labor any minute now. But I'm pretty sure the kid wants to stay in there forever.


3 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

I think about you everyday...always wondering if that boy has decided to make his move! Guess it's not today. Bummer. Dude, tell him to hurry up already...hahaha...like you haven't already done that...a million times!

Oh...and I want some salsa!

Sage Hanks said...

I miss you guys too!!! I asked Brad the other day if he has heard from Brett hoping that you had-had your baby. I think of you everytime I nurse Ryk and think what the @(%*@)%*@#() how does she do it for so long. Right now I am weening him. I can't get the thrush to go away and every other day I swear I have a clogged milk duct. Too much pain and pumping at work SUCKS! So kuddos to you! YOU AMAZE ME!

Dixie & Markus said...

Forget the salsa! You should be munching on plain old green chilies! Come on baby, let's get this show on the road!