Never had it personally. Actually, after I have a baby I'm so happy to not be pregnant anymore that I really think some of the happiest days of my life have been those first three weeks or so of newborn time.
What I want to know is whether there is something called prepartum depression? If not I'm pretty sure there should be.
Here I am in my 3rd trimester, just two weeks shy of 30 solid weeks, and every day seems like I have a huge hill to climb. My morning sickness, while never really going away, did give me a bit of a break for about 7 weeks here, but now it's come back in full force and I'm once again struggling everyday to keep food down. Even though that definitely isn't stopping me from putting on the pounds like a mad woman. I wore white pants today with a white shirt over a pink one, looked in the mirror and realized I looked like Mr. Stay Puffed. Hello marshmallow women!
On top of that it's like my hormonal level has taken off. I'm weepy, emotional, mad, easy to anger and all around pissed off most of the time. I'm pretty sure the hot weather isn't helping my witchiness very much either. AND I'm so freaking tired all the time. No energy what so ever. I wake up at 9 am with the kids and by like 12:30 I'm dragging my feet and wishing with all my heart for a nap. I'm so over being pregnant! I'm done! Aaaand I still have 12 weeks of it left. And I'm sick of hearing from happy pregnant women how much they love being pregnant. Remember how I'm easy to anger? Yeah, every time I hear this it's like I'm instantly mad again and just want to ask them if they want a cookie for that cheery, happy, annoy the crap out of me attitude.
So unless you have something derogatory or down spirited to tell me about pregnancy, just a warning, don't talk to me.
[Exit bright little rain of sunshine.]
Okay, one more thing. I got told yesterday by a casual acquaintance that my boobs are getting huge! Not a close personal friend, but someone I rarely see just had to point out the fact that my boobs and my belly are in a competition! And I really can't tell you which is winning. Let me tell you, my confidence level can't get much higher.
8 comments:
let me tell ya cheri, I hear you on the boobs thing. Always had big ones, never will get small ones. I think people should just be programmed to say "you look great" to pregnant women. There's nothing like a negative comment to bring a down gal even further down.
Hope things start looking up for ya.
I am always surprised at how so many of the comments I receive each time I'm pregnant come from women who should know better!
And I remember hitting 10 weeks, and thinking, "oh yay, only 10 weeks!) until I did the math and realized it was still 2 1/2 months--which is such a long time when you are hot and uncomfortable.
So, yeah, it's no fun, and I hope that these next few weeks/months go well for you!
Ugh, I know how you feel. I felt guilty that I was glad Konrad was a whole month early, he could have had breathing problems or anything. But I was just soo tired of feeling sick. I didn't know how much more I could take and I think my body felt the same way. When I get rehydrated it helps a ton- you might want to look into it. It just gives you enough energy to keep going for 2-3 days or so. Unfortunatly nothing took away the sickness, and it sounds the same for you. Just know that I am thinking of you. The time goes by very slowly that last trimester, and I am so sorry. It was just one long nightmare, I am in Twin Falls this weekend so e-mail me your number if you would like me to come by and help clean or something. arkriegerpainting@hotmail.com
I would love to help.
Anyhow, don't pay any attention to what other people say about your body...although I have to laugh at the boob thing because I have never had them. One more thing, I think your amazing for having 4 kids, you have more stregnth then you give yourself credit for.
Take Care and Call me
p.s. sorry for the spelling, I have a kid yelling in my ear...gotta go
Ok sooooo i totally know what you are talking about. I felt that way at about the same time. All those symptoms... besides the puking i had. I was tired of people telling me how HUGE i was and when was I going to be done. And then.... i got sick. I never want to feel like that again. It was HORRIBLE! My pregnancy was crappy and my hubby vowed he would never let me get pregnant again.... we'll see.... Hang in there!!! You have a lot on your plate right now. Oh and by the way we are blessing our sweet baby boy on Aug 2nd....and we will have a luncheon thing at our house afterwards!
Yeah even though this is the 1st one, pregnancy sucks! I def would not ever want to do it again. What is fun about being sick, having bad heartburn/indigestion/horrible gas, getting huge....oh and the list goes on. Some people think it is just a joy and actually miss being pregnant and I def have to laugh. I know from this point on it is only going to get worse I haven't even hit the peak of it! I am almost 5 months and I am wearing a D cup! OMG Come on Cheri we def know I was never endowed in the whole chest area. I thought having them was going to be awesome. I completely change my mind. HAHA I will never sing the coconut song again.
Ahh, Lysh that's good to hear. Sweet sweet vengence for all the hundreds of times I had to hear that song. I'm so glad your pregnant! Ha, ha.
Um... yeeeaaaaah. I am SO so so so so so so so so done with this preg. I want her here. While I'm not ready to have here yet (lots of stuff to get and organize) I want to not be pregnant any more. What frustrates me the most is my husband not understanding the pain I'm in 24/7. And when I try to describe it to him I can tell it just sounds like whining... It really is just so uncomfortable and painful. I'm with you on the being on a high right after having the baby. Even being able to lie on my stomach was enough to make me hip hip hooray!
Post a Comment