Yesterday I had a weigh in to see how much I've gained in the last month since my last appointment. Well, I had put on 8 pounds since then to a total of 133 pounds. This is my 4th pregnancy and since I worked very hard to get myself down to 121 before I got pregnant, I've been feeling pretty down about not being able to exercise because of sickness, and gaining weight.
Well,this lady at the counter freaked out on me! This very overweight woman looked at me like I'd committed a crime and said, " Well, we're just going to have to have you make an appointment with a nutritionist." And she said it in the most snobbish way possible! I'm just so mad about the way she made me feel! I have no reason to feel ashamed of my weight gain. As a matter of fact, I've gained a total of 50 to 60 pounds with all of my pregnancies so far, and I've lost every single pound!!! I don't lose weight easily and I've worked hard for every pound lost through good nutrition, weight lifting, cardio, and calisthenics. I just can't believe it.
It's not like I've turned into a super pig or anything since becoming pregnant this time. My body simply gains weight easily while I'm expecting. Why should I be made to feel like I'm doing something wrong?
Anyway, I needed to vent about this. My husband has already been reeled with it enough even though he's 100% on my side, he still has to hear it.
10 comments:
Stupid Women! She's just jealous!!!!
Maybe she thinks you need to see a nutritionist to gain weight?
I remember going to the store once in my 9th month, and a man commenting on my size. I am positive that in my 9th month of pregnancy, I still weighed a lot less than him!
Anyway, you look terrific, and should be proud of yourself.
I agree with the comment above, maybe she did mean you need to gain more. It can't be the other way around. Especially if she was pretty overweight she probably thought you were too skinny. Seriously, I bet that was it.
So you have only gained 12 lbs. so far this pregnancy? Oh the crime! I am surprised you were able to gain anything with all your sickness! I say that is good for you and your baby!
Oh no! She meant it as in I needed to watch how much I'm gaining. That wasn't the only thing she said to me. Seriously I just wanted to cry. What a jerk of a women!
Um.... i have no words. I've gained SO much more than that. She would've called the authorities in my case. Well, at least I'd have a few minutes to beat her down before they showed.
Wow..you were really sick and dropped a whole bunch of weight! Your body had to catch up to that! Don't let ignorant people get to you! If def isn't worth it!
So i totally feel for you! I've been there. I gained 7 pounds one month. And then stupid people say stupid things. All of my dr.'s have told me how great I look. I don't buy it at all but I know they mean it. I am get the "when are you due comment all the time..." I say ummmm 4 weeks and they say WOW that much longer. And I said to one person Thank you for making it known how big I am! Ya I don't hold back anymore! I consider myself really lucky still being able to wear my own pants (some of them ;) )Consider the source. That is what I have learned. I think you look fine. Hang in there!
Wow, I can't believe she really meant that. What a heartless blankety-blank. Maybe I shouldn't be judgmental, she obviously has her own issues.
I understand that it's hard to ignore comments from friends and strangers alike who may not be very tactful. But the truth is, you look terrific!
make her some brownies next time you go in there... with exlax in them. then she will be sorry!
Post a Comment