I had something interesting happen. I got the slaw and walked over to the candy isle to pick up a treat for Brett and got a tap on the shoulder; this guy I had seen over by the cole slaw had followed me to the candy isle and asked me if I was a single mom. I was standing there thinking, geez, what's this dude trying to sell me? So I answered that, no, I was married. Then he said oh, well, he just had to ask and that's too bad because I'm really pretty. Then I was floored! Did that guy seriously just try and pick me up when I'm wheeling through the grocery store with two of my kids!? Hahahahah, oh geez. I contained my laughter as well as I could until I got to my car so I could call Brett and share the news; I'm back on the market and he's out of luck. Cole slaw dude just stole my heart. Ha, ha.
What can I say, he was blinded by pure awesomeness, and there's no charge cuz awesomeness is free.
For another first, as awesome as the cole slaw incident was, a seriously dumb woman hit my car the other day. Kind of ticks me off actually because I have never previously been in an accident. Okay, so this was so minor that I didn't even do anything about it other than berate the ridiculous woman for her stupidity, but still.
So as I was sitting at the train tracks with a car two car lengths in front of me, I noticed that the woman driving it, with a handicapped thing in the window, was being weird and her car was going backwards toward me. I started to back up but I couldn't go very far because a truck was behind me and wouldn't move back, so I just had to stop and watch as this women hit my car! I just sat there thinking I couldn't believe she hit me! What the heck was she doing up there!
Anyway, I got out of my car and checked the front of the mini to make sure nothing had happened to it, and then I walked up to this car to see what the heck this dumb woman's excuse was for hitting me. I found a woman around 60 years old, smoking a cigarette and pushing her poodle into the passenger seat. "Oh, I'm so sorry, my dog put it into reverse and I couldn't change the gear back!"
For my benefit I'm glad to say I didn't yell or get upset, I simply asked her why she didn't think to step on the brake BEFORE SHE HIT MY CAR!
12 comments:
Wow!! You got hit on. Not that it's surprising but still, you've got it goin' on!
Wow. Three kids & you still got it! Could you maybe pass some of your mojo over my way?!?
In fact, you got hit on twice--if you count your van being hit by a car being driven by a dog!
That is hilarious that he followed through the store...i would have been freaked out! But at least you know you still got it going on...right?!?
That is great!!!! Love that you had your kids with you and he still asked you. You are HOT....... Bob better start kissin' the ground you walk on....
like i said... you should try out or americas next top model! you are super hot.
nice that the lady let the dog drive. too bad she wasn't talking on her cell phone then she would have had all bad habits covered...
Yeah...I would totally hit on you too!
Stupid lady...I just cannot believe how stupid some people are...why didn't you lay on your horn at full blast for at least 5 minutes!?! I totally would have. And good for you at not getting upset...I might have told the lady exactly what I was thinking in your situation!:)
Yes, there is nothing with as much sex appeal than a flabby tummy, ha. Cole slaw man was obviously pretty desperate, but thanks anyway.
And Laura, believe me, I had my horn pushed down the whole time trying to get her to dummy up.
LOL this reminds me of the time that we were in the Mall parking lot in Twin and that old guy straight backed into your car...while you were leaning on the horn as he did it! I find it amusing how when I moved to Texas they were going to make me take another driving test to get my license.. I politely asked the lady if she was insane because if anyone needs to take a driving test it is half the old people that come into to renew theirs, and that is was preposterous that the state of Texas would make me take one just to get a license! I really dislike driving around old people in general it can be a very scary thing!
Lysh, your blog won't let me comment. I tried afew different things but it wouldn't allow it.
That cole slaw guy has some guts and good taste because you are FINE!
I can't believe she blamed it on the poodle! Hilarious!
hilarious!!! haha! (p.s. you are one hot mom, it's true)
Post a Comment