Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Christmas spirit
Or as the Ensign put it, the Christ spirit, has inspired me this month. I always look for ways to help my kids focus on why we have Christmas and it really irritates me when things focus so much on Santa and presents and the "me" attitude that I see so much of. So as I was reading the December Ensign, I was teary eyed the entire time and filled with a desire to help and give to others. I have been hoping for a way to present it's self to me to help my kids get into the spirit and as I was walking out of my gym class last week, I noticed a tree with all these tags on it. I've seen those trees before, with needy children's names on them, and I thought that would be perfect! So Brett and I took the kids swimming last Saturday and afterward let them select a name from the tree. They are pretty excited to get this little 3 year old boy a gift and are at the store right now with daddy looking for a toy. I also thought it might be nice to go through some of Ethan's 3T clothes and give an outfit to the boy. I've got two bins full so why not, huh? Anyway, to my whole point now, I want a baby boy so bad! I've wanted another boy ever since Ethan was a baby and I keep getting girls. I love my girls and am happy it turned out this way, but I want a boy so much! And going through all these adorable little stud man clothes is getting to me. Please, please, please say I get a boy for my last baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
My first is a boy, and now we have two girls after him...I'm hoping our last is a boy as well! Jeffy needs a brother to hang out with!
I am so touched by your goal to teach your kids about Christ-mas. And what lucky kids that got their names picked off the tree by you!
Are you pregnant? Did I miss a post somewhere?!
You are too cute
2 and 2 is perfect! Good luck with that:) It'll be fun to find out what we're having, but it's not for another 6 weeks, but luckily it doesn't matter to us. It's nice having a boy and girl so the 3rd doesn't matter!:) I just read your cookie post and it was funny because I was thinking actual "cookies" until I read the comments on there. I was a little confused on how the "cookies" were speaking to you! I hope you guys have a great holiday.
Ash, no! Not pregnant that I know of. I just really want my last baby to be a boy; I've only got one more chance so I'm getting nervous about not getting him. I practically cry every time I get into Ethan's boy clothes bins. Such a baby.
Tell your husband to touch you a couple times. That's all it takes for you guys. Actually he just have to turn the light off and on and WHAM BAM you are pregnant. hahah I love teasing you. I know how you feel about the boy thing. It's killing me to not know what this baby is! I can't wait till it's here!
Post a Comment