Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Some new things...

New to Ethan:

  1. Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites. We listen to the CD every where we go and he loves it! And I love it. Instead of mindlessly watching a movie and allowing someone else to paint the picture for him, he's using his imagination and painting it all on his own!
  2. Also, he's stopped dog piling his other team mates during T-ball and is learning to only go after the ball when it comes his way. Can't tell you how happy I am about this. I was the mom on the sidelines covering my face with my hands and pretending I didn't see it. Well, maybe there were like 6 other mom's doing the same thing. It takes more than one to dog pile.
  3. Has suddenly and inexplicably become terrified of a bunny named Jack who is trying to eat his feet in his bed at night.

New to Lauren:
  1. Has started learning to clean her own room, which I have to go through and reorganize once she's done, but it's a start.
  2. Has only had three accidents(during the night) in the last 4 1/2 months since she gave up her diaper addiction.
  3. Learned that a 9 foot python ten times bigger than she is, is fun to pet. Even more fun than the boa constrictor curling around her brother's arm!

New to Lily:
  1. Fascinated by the freckle I have on my stomach. She will sit by my side forever trying to pick this freckle up and will not be deterred by anything. I have to stop her after a while before her razor sharp finger nails, that grow so fast I can't possible keep up with them, draw blood in her efforts to expel the strange looking dot from my belly.
  2. Learning to crawl her way every where in the house. She's getting pretty good, but the dresses I'm so fond of putting on her tend to make her grumpy because they cause some serious crawling issues.
  3. Surpassed her big brother and sister by far on the chubbiness scale at 7 months old.


New to Cheri:
  1. Only three pounds left to go! That's 94% of my pregnancy weight gone forever, until I get pregnant again that is. Along this line, I can now fit into my favorite jeans with ease. Yahoo!
  2. I've also put new efforts into putting the dishes directly into the dishwasher after they have been used. As opposed to just putting them on the counter until there is no counter left. It's working and I'm loving the extra time this gives me to do whatever I want.

New to Brett:
  1. Learned to listen to his crazy wife when she tells him what needs to be fixed on the car and he actually does it! Saving us who know how much money we would otherwise have waisted on a mechanic.
  2. Taught his son how to ride a bike minus the training wheels in about half an hour.
  3. Has sworn off drinking soda for life and is going on about 1 1/2 months soda free, not that he drank it very often to begin with. And not that he has an ounce of fat to begin with because he's a turd and was born with an amazing metabolism and therefore cannot sympathise with his chubby wife at all!
  4. Has decided to go on and get his masters degree, why not huh?
  5. Is ridiculously tangled around his two little girls fingers.
  6. Tricked us all into thinking Father's Day was a week early and got his present a week early.

5 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

I like this post and I want to copy it!! In fact...I am going to copy it right now!!

You guys always sound great and fun and just a perfect little family! So how long are you going to wait to get pregnant again?...and you are totally contradictory when you say only 3 more pounds to lose and then call yourself chubby...stop it!

Cheri said...

I'm not sure exactly when we will be getting pregnant again. I want these last two very close. Lily is 7 months, so not too much longer. I would like them around two years apart. Then again, I don't know how well I can do the whole pregnancy sick thing with three children. I know that it's going to be realy hard, And I'm going to need a lot of help. I guess I just don't know.
And yes, chubby is the correct terminology.

Cheri said...

not to mention, we will require a nrecar before we have our last baby. Probably a bigger SUV.

**nicke... said...

i have heard about that bunny named jack. he has been to my house a couple of times. tell ethan he goes away if you leave a carrot by the door.

good job to brett hookwinking you all! i wish i could do the same to spencer....

also, cheri i LOVE you haircut! it is so so so sooooo cute. and i am sure much faster to do...

Tim and Laura Allen said...

That is so funny that brett tricked you into think father's day was a week early :) i almost completely forgot about it, until tim asked when i was going shopping for him.

I read marley and me last year and loved it. I think it is one of my favorate books. I just found out that i was pregnant when i was finishing it, so i was emotional anyway, and when i got to the end i was balling uncontrolably for an hour. tim thought that i was nuts. I think i heard somewhere that they are making it into a movie, but they never make the movies as good as the book.