After a horrible week of Brett being gone to Salt Lake for work and me being stuck home with sick kids and a fever of my own, things are all better.
I went and picked him up from the airport, feeling like my entire head was one big infested puss ball, and made him drive home while I lounged. Once we got home, Brett was kind enough to let me take a bath to soothe my aching everything and then I went to bed. I woke up sometime during the night covered in sweat and around 4 am my fever finally broke. Thank goodness! I don't get sick, at least I don't get sick beyond the stuffy nose and sneezing kind of sick, so this kind of stunk. It probably wouldn't have been all that bad except I'm the world's biggest paranoid baby. When Brett's gone I feel like every psycho within a 100 mile radius is out to get me and the kids, so I huddle every one up in my room and lock the door. I then try my best to fall asleep, but we usually end up watching movies until around 3 am so that I can fall asleep right before it gets light and then it's too late for anyone to try and sneak in. Ha! Outsmarted them! I usually try and see if I can convince someone to come stay with me, but then I feel like I'm really inconveniencing them. This time it was just me vs. every imaginary evil person trying to break into my house.
As you can see, we survived the attack. All is well.
Highlight of the week! Despite all sickness, I felt this stupid, uncontrollable urge to take the kids to the Thursday event at the library, Catch the Hobby Bug. It went fairly well, until Lauren decided to FREAK OUT at the check out line and have a complete melt down!!! Thankfully she decided to chill out for Ethan's T-ball game afterward and just let me sit on the grass with my box of Kleenex.
No comments:
Post a Comment