Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas

Here we are having a fun Christmas morning. Even Lauren got to have fun since her fever finally broke around 1:00 in the morning. Poor baby. Her favorite gifts by far were her princess dress up clothes from Brett and I and the Princess tea set from Grandma T. Ethan's favorite was the 2 dollar dart gun Lauren picked out as a gift for him. Who says great toys have to be expensive? Of course the Dora and Diego scooters were a big hit as well. Ethan starts baseball this coming Spring so he was excited to see a new E-man sized bat with woofle balls. He's so funny, he hits right handed and left handed equally as well, the same as when he draws and writes! I always love Christmas day, Christmas Eve as well. We read the Christmas story to the kids on Christmas Eve right before letting them open their night before gift. It was fun and we loved being here together with so many loved ones. Poor Lauren has been crying all day because her Kennedy left to go back home this morning. My kids love their cousins so much. Well, maybe Newman and Jerry (aka: Lauren and Boston) could get along a little better.
Today we met with a realtor and I think we've found our new home! We made an offer and now we have sit on our hands and wait. Really it's perfect for us. Completely remodeled 1951 home. It has so much character and I love it. Plus it meets the two prerequisites stipulated by our children: fireplace, upstairs. Check. It also meets my own stipulations: lots of storage area, a place for my upright piano, pretty cabinets, no work required, inexpensive per square foot, new carpet that no one else has gotten their gross germs on. I hate used carpet! I don't even like taking my shoes off at other peoples houses and walking on it because it grosses me out. Anyway, everyone cross your fingers that our offer is accepted.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Wow lots of change in just one year. Beautiful kids. Congrats on the sell of your home. Good luck on getting the new one. It sounds nice. I love old remodeled homes. Still cannot believe you guys are gone. Well hope you had a merry merrry and soon to have a happy new year....
Alli

Ashlee said...

Congrats on the house. We hope that the deals goes through. Keep us posted!