Monday, October 22, 2007

The Ross's are moving.

Brett was just offered the position of branch manager for Ferguson in Nampa, Idaho. I'm so proud of him and he's worked hard for this. It won't effect his schooling as he's a BSU student, but we suddenly find ourselves having to sell our home. We've only lived here a year and we love it. Ethan is particularly sad about leaving our home. He feels better now that we've promised we get to take all our things with us and that we'll look for a house with an upstairs. And that Tukey and Bum Bum are going with us. And that we'll still come visit all the time. Lauren couldn't care any less. We're excited to be living right by Brett's parents who just happen to have moved there a few months ago for a job that Mom was able to get in Parma. Coincidence? Maybe, but we feel like we're going where we are supposed to be and at the time that's just right. Brett will be able to room with Mom while the kids and I stay in Twin until the house sells. We will be blessed to live right by a temple so Brett and I can continue on with a goal we made before we were married: to go to the temple at least once a month from the time we were married. We've done fairly well, but I have to admit it's gotten a lot harder the more kids we have. With me being a stay-at-home mom, things tend to get tight, so this comes as a huge blessing for us in so many ways. We ask everyone to pray that our home sells quickly so our family can be back together ASAP. And that I don't end up having this baby alone in my car as I drive myself to the hospital. I'm feeling a little paranoid now about the arrival of this baby. Well, even more than I already was. It's times like this that make me so thankful to be a member of the church. If I didn't have that steady base to reassure me, I'd feel like a bobble head doll, confused and unsure. However, after fasting(for Brett anyway) and prayer, we feel very confident that this is where we should be.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations! That's exciting news! And I don't know how much family you have in Twin, but I know about 40 Browns who would take you to the hospital at the drop of a hat if you needed it. You'll be fine. Good luck with selling the house!

*LaUrA* said...

Cheri!! Congratulations! That sounds like a great opportunity! I love moving around to different places! The moving part is horrible...but the being a new place or a new house or whatever is so fun for me...but I know not everyone feels that way. It is at a awkward time with you being so pregnant though...I know you have family...but Julie will totally take you to the hospital!Right Julie!;)

I am glad you have a blogspot so I can follow you on your adventures!!

Emily said...

Hi Cheri! I just wandered onto your blog from Joel and Lisa's. I didn't know you had a new baby coming. How exciting! And congrats on the new job. Good luck selling your house.