Saturday, December 10, 2011

100 Things I'm Grateful For: Post One

 1. I'm thankful for Friday night camp out nights and the following Saturday mornings.
2. I'm grateful for Lily and her free little spirit.
3. I'm thankful that Brett has a good job that provides well for our family.
4. I'm thankful that I have been taught the skills to make my family Christmas stockings, the new ones, the ones I made 9 years ago, and the ones I'm making right now.
4. I'm thankful when I wake up to a warm fire and sleeping kids in their sleeping bags and jammies.
5.I'm thankful for a warm, clean home to live in.
6. I'm thankful for $20 Christmas trees.
7. I'm thankful for a tree covered in treasures my kids have made, ornaments grandmas have bought  with love, and pretty colorful lights.
8. I'm thankful that it's 65 degrees when we walk outside, lol!
8. I'm thankful for the Nativity scene my kids are performing in tonight, that Lauren is picking out her angel outfit right now, that Lily really, really wanted to be a sheep, and that Ethan is going to be a wiseman.
9. I'm grateful that Ethan is earning his Faith in God award and is working toward earning his cub scouts religious knot by helping with the primary activity today.
10. I'm thankful for the December Ensign and President Erying and how he has reminded me of all the things I'm so grateful for, especially during the celebration of my saviors birth.

I love Christmas!

3 comments:

julie said...

I'm making Finn's felt stocking..similar to Tylers...holy good crap doesn't it take FOREVER? I'm just about done though. They are super cute! Love this post, pictures, everything..miss you!

Cheri said...

I know, it's about 20 to 25 hours of work per stocking, so with my family of 6 I'm doing at least 120 hours of work. I'm working toward getting my personal Progress is Young Womens, so I've been adding the hours up for one of my big projects.

julie said...

Just saw this. 25 hours? Maybe because I watch tv at the same time, but I feel like it takes 100 hours for one! I'm probably just really slow. I do one a year. I should totally count my hours for the day I get put in YW. Ha! I sure do love them though, once they're finished. :)