Monday, April 4, 2011

Favorites

Some favorite quotes from the weekend:
Lily, "I just LOVE President Monson!"
Tyler, "Ducky, ducky, ducky!!!"
Ethan, "Dad I missed the last part of conference; can we watch the end online?"


Elder Holland, this is for you:
My favorite talk of the day for personal reasons would be by Elder Bednar.  Just what I needed.  I need to remember we are most frequently given heavenly inspiration line upon line and precept upon precept.  I need to stop expecting all or nothing; stop expecting some great moment of inspiration.  It's good to hear that I am quite normal. 
Just keep pressing forward obediently and with faith in the Savior.  As you do so you cannot go amiss.    -- Elder Bednar
He quoted Joseph F. Smith:
It is not by marvelous manifestations unto us that we will be established in the truth, but it is by humility and faithful obedience to the commandments and laws of God.
Now this week we are on to fencing in our back yard, extending the sprinkler system throughout the entire backyard, installing pea gravel underneath the moterhome,  planting things all over the place, and getting my strawberry plants all in our raised garden beds.  And I'm thinking a zucchini plant as well.

For mothers day we'll be making flower boxes to go underneath my two right front windows and the girls rooms.  I can't express how excited I am to work in our yard this year!!!  All the things we've been wanting to do for the last 3 years are finally going to get done.  I'm looking forward to many games of basketball using Ethan's birthday present out back, barbecues, and roasting marshmallows in the fire pit, in grass in the back yard!  Imagine that.

All an all, I'm feeling very blessed after last weekend.

No comments: